Sports marketing is an important platform for HTA in supporting the state's tourism industry. Sports events attract fans and foster desire among audiences worldwide to visit Hawaii through TV, print and online media exposure while giving residents opportunities to see world-class athletes compete in the Islands.
The main objectives guiding HTA’s sports marketing strategy are:
- Support Hawaii's tourism industry, and the businesses and residents who rely on its success.
- Make effective use of state taxpayer funds in marketing sports on Hawaii's behalf.
- Expand awareness of Hawaii’s appeal in the U.S. and key markets internationally.
- Drive travel demand by showcasing Hawaii’s culture and natural beauty through media.
- Generate increased visitor traffic during off-peak travel periods.
- Strengthen Hawaii's standing as a setting to host U.S. and international sports competitions.
- Promote the Hawaii Convention Center’s sports courts to attract U.S. and international events.